tc-list Wanted: Good homes for tc books

  • Leonard Greenspoon
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 5 9:29 AM
      Below is a list of tc books that desire/require a good home; they have
      been on my shelves too long, so long in fact that I am beginning to think
      of them as my own...so, take a chance, adopt-a-book; all that is required
      is a love of ot/nt tc, and the desire to write a tc review..

      let me know as soon as possible; at this "price," these books should all
      be spoken-for very quickly.

      leonard

      leonard greenspoon

      Dirksen, P. B. and A. van der Kooij, ed. The Peshitta as a Translation:
      Papes Read at the II Peshitta Symposium Held at Leiden 19-21 August 1993
      [Brill, 1995]

      Parker, D. C. The Living Text of the Gospels [Cambridge Univ. Press, 1997]

      Taylor, Benard A., ed. IX Congress of the International Organization for
      Septuagint and Cognate Studies (Cambridge, 1995) [Scholars, 1997]

      Petersen, William. L et al.,ed. Sayings of Jesus: Canonical &
      Non-Canonical -- Essays in Honour of Tjitze Baarda [Brill, 1997]

      Muller-Kessler, Christa and Michael Sokoloff, ed. A Corpus of Christian
      Palestinian Aramaic. Vol. I: The Christian Palestinian Aramaic Old
      Testament and Apocrypha Version from the Early Period [Styx (Groningen),
      1997]

      Muller-Kessler, Christa and Michael Sokoloff, ed. A Corpus of Christian
      Palestinian Aramaic. Vol. III: The Forty Martyrs of the Sinai Desert,
      Eulogios, the Stone-Cutter, and Anastasia [Styx (Groningen), 1996]

      Lim, Timothy H. Holy Scripture in the Qumran Commentaries and Pauline
      Letters [Oxford 1997]

      Person, Jr., Raymond F. The Kings/Isaiah and Kings/Jeremiah Recensions [de
      Gruyter, 1997]
    • GILBERTO LOZANO
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 5 8:27 PM
        Leonard:

        Thanks for the offering. I am interested in William Petersen's Sayings of
        Jesus," and Muller-Kessler's and Sokoloff's volumes --I and III-- of "A
        Corpus of Christian Palestinian Aramaic." I am willing to pay the
        shipping. My mailing address is

        Gilbert Lozano
        2355 E Iliff Ave #3
        Denver CO 80210-5442
        Ph: (303) 744-8502
        e-mail: glozano@...

        On Thu, 5 Mar 1998, Leonard Greenspoon wrote:

        > Below is a list of tc books that desire/require a good home; they have
        > been on my shelves too long, so long in fact that I am beginning to think
        > of them as my own...so, take a chance, adopt-a-book; all that is required
        > is a love of ot/nt tc, and the desire to write a tc review..
        >
        > let me know as soon as possible; at this "price," these books should all
        > be spoken-for very quickly.
        >
        > leonard
        >
        > leonard greenspoon
        >

        > Dirksen, P. B. and A. van der Kooij, ed. The Peshitta as a Translation:
        > Papes Read at the II Peshitta Symposium Held at Leiden 19-21 August 1993
        > [Brill, 1995]
        >
        > Parker, D. C. The Living Text of the Gospels [Cambridge Univ. Press, 1997]
        >
        > Taylor, Benard A., ed. IX Congress of the International Organization for
        > Septuagint and Cognate Studies (Cambridge, 1995) [Scholars, 1997]
        >
        > Petersen, William. L et al.,ed. Sayings of Jesus: Canonical &
        > Non-Canonical -- Essays in Honour of Tjitze Baarda [Brill, 1997]
        >
        > Muller-Kessler, Christa and Michael Sokoloff, ed. A Corpus of Christian
        > Palestinian Aramaic. Vol. I: The Christian Palestinian Aramaic Old
        > Testament and Apocrypha Version from the Early Period [Styx (Groningen),
        > 1997]
        >

        > Muller-Kessler, Christa and Michael Sokoloff, ed. A Corpus of Christian
        > Palestinian Aramaic. Vol. III: The Forty Martyrs of the Sinai Desert,
        > Eulogios, the Stone-Cutter, and Anastasia [Styx (Groningen), 1996]
        >
        > Lim, Timothy H. Holy Scripture in the Qumran Commentaries and Pauline
        > Letters [Oxford 1997]
        >
        > Person, Jr., Raymond F. The Kings/Isaiah and Kings/Jeremiah Recensions [de
        > Gruyter, 1997]

      • Dr Johann Cook
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 6 1:35 AM
          > Date: Thu, 5 Mar 1998 11:29:09 -0600
          > To: tc-list@...
          > From: ljgrn@... (Leonard Greenspoon)
          > Subject: tc-list Wanted: Good homes for tc books

          > Below is a list of tc books that desire/require a good home; they have
          > been on my shelves too long, so long in fact that I am beginning to think
          > of them as my own...so, take a chance, adopt-a-book; all that is required
          > is a love of ot/nt tc, and the desire to write a tc review..
          >
          > let me know as soon as possible; at this "price," these books should all
          > be spoken-for very quickly.
          >
          > leonard
          >
          > leonard greenspoon
          >

          > Dirksen, P. B. and A. van der Kooij, ed. The Peshitta as a Translation:
          > Papes Read at the II Peshitta Symposium Held at Leiden 19-21 August 1993
          > [Brill, 1995]
          >
          > Parker, D. C. The Living Text of the Gospels [Cambridge Univ. Press, 1997]
          >
          > Taylor, Benard A., ed. IX Congress of the International Organization for
          > Septuagint and Cognate Studies (Cambridge, 1995) [Scholars, 1997]
          >
          > Petersen, William. L et al.,ed. Sayings of Jesus: Canonical &
          > Non-Canonical -- Essays in Honour of Tjitze Baarda [Brill, 1997]
          >
          > Muller-Kessler, Christa and Michael Sokoloff, ed. A Corpus of Christian
          > Palestinian Aramaic. Vol. I: The Christian Palestinian Aramaic Old
          > Testament and Apocrypha Version from the Early Period [Styx (Groningen),
          > 1997]
          >

          > Muller-Kessler, Christa and Michael Sokoloff, ed. A Corpus of Christian
          > Palestinian Aramaic. Vol. III: The Forty Martyrs of the Sinai Desert,
          > Eulogios, the Stone-Cutter, and Anastasia [Styx (Groningen), 1996]
          >
          > Lim, Timothy H. Holy Scripture in the Qumran Commentaries and Pauline
          > Letters [Oxford 1997]
          >
          > Person, Jr., Raymond F. The Kings/Isaiah and Kings/Jeremiah Recensions [de
          > Gruyter, 1997]

          Dear Leonard

          If nobody else wants to take Sokoloff's Christian Palestinian Aramiac,
          I will gladly do so.

          Greetings

          Johann

          Prof. Johann Cook
          Department of Ancient Near Eastern Studies
          University of Stellenbosch
          7600 Stellenbosch
          SOUTH AFRICA
          tel 22-21-8083207
          fax: 22-21-8083480
        • Martin
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 6 7:21 AM
            Dear Leonard:

            Many many thanks for the offering. If it's still there I am interested in
            William Petersen's Sayings of
            Jesus," and Muller-Kessler's and Sokoloff's volumes --I and III-- of "A
            Corpus of Christian Palestinian Aramaic."
            If not let me take Lim, Timothy H. Holy Scripture in the Qumran
            Commentaries and Pauline
            Letters [Oxford 1997]

            I am willing to pay the
            shipping (DHL if possible). My snail mail and e-mail address :

            Martin
            PT.Kompakindo Media Dewata
            Kombes Pol. M. Duriyat 39
            Surabaya 60262
            Indonesia
            e-mail: kerberos@...

            At 11:29 AM 3/5/98 -0600, you wrote:
            >Below is a list of tc books that desire/require a good home; they have
            >been on my shelves too long, so long in fact that I am beginning to think
            >of them as my own...so, take a chance, adopt-a-book; all that is required
            >is a love of ot/nt tc, and the desire to write a tc review..
            >
            >let me know as soon as possible; at this "price," these books should all
            >be spoken-for very quickly.
            >
            >leonard
            >
            >leonard greenspoon
            >

            >Dirksen, P. B. and A. van der Kooij, ed. The Peshitta as a Translation:
            >Papes Read at the II Peshitta Symposium Held at Leiden 19-21 August 1993
            >[Brill, 1995]
            >
            >Parker, D. C. The Living Text of the Gospels [Cambridge Univ. Press, 1997]
            >
            >Taylor, Benard A., ed. IX Congress of the International Organization for
            >Septuagint and Cognate Studies (Cambridge, 1995) [Scholars, 1997]
            >
            >Petersen, William. L et al.,ed. Sayings of Jesus: Canonical &
            >Non-Canonical -- Essays in Honour of Tjitze Baarda [Brill, 1997]
            >
            >Muller-Kessler, Christa and Michael Sokoloff, ed. A Corpus of Christian
            >Palestinian Aramaic. Vol. I: The Christian Palestinian Aramaic Old
            >Testament and Apocrypha Version from the Early Period [Styx (Groningen),
            >1997]
            >

            >Muller-Kessler, Christa and Michael Sokoloff, ed. A Corpus of Christian
            >Palestinian Aramaic. Vol. III: The Forty Martyrs of the Sinai Desert,
            >Eulogios, the Stone-Cutter, and Anastasia [Styx (Groningen), 1996]
            >
            >Lim, Timothy H. Holy Scripture in the Qumran Commentaries and Pauline
            >Letters [Oxford 1997]
            >
            >Person, Jr., Raymond F. The Kings/Isaiah and Kings/Jeremiah Recensions [de
            >Gruyter, 1997]

          • Martin
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 6 7:21 AM
              Dear Leonard:

              Many many thanks for the offering. If it's still there I am interested in
              William Petersen's Sayings of
              Jesus," and Muller-Kessler's and Sokoloff's volumes --I and III-- of "A
              Corpus of Christian Palestinian Aramaic."
              If not let me take Lim, Timothy H. Holy Scripture in the Qumran
              Commentaries and Pauline
              Letters [Oxford 1997]

              I am willing to pay the
              shipping (DHL if possible). My snail mail and e-mail address :

              Martin
              PT.Kompakindo Media Dewata
              Kombes Pol. M. Duriyat 39
              Surabaya 60262
              Indonesia
              e-mail: kerberos@...

              At 11:29 AM 3/5/98 -0600, you wrote:
              >Below is a list of tc books that desire/require a good home; they have
              >been on my shelves too long, so long in fact that I am beginning to think
              >of them as my own...so, take a chance, adopt-a-book; all that is required
              >is a love of ot/nt tc, and the desire to write a tc review..
              >
              >let me know as soon as possible; at this "price," these books should all
              >be spoken-for very quickly.
              >
              >leonard
              >
              >leonard greenspoon
              >

              >Dirksen, P. B. and A. van der Kooij, ed. The Peshitta as a Translation:
              >Papes Read at the II Peshitta Symposium Held at Leiden 19-21 August 1993
              >[Brill, 1995]
              >
              >Parker, D. C. The Living Text of the Gospels [Cambridge Univ. Press, 1997]
              >
              >Taylor, Benard A., ed. IX Congress of the International Organization for
              >Septuagint and Cognate Studies (Cambridge, 1995) [Scholars, 1997]
              >
              >Petersen, William. L et al.,ed. Sayings of Jesus: Canonical &
              >Non-Canonical -- Essays in Honour of Tjitze Baarda [Brill, 1997]
              >
              >Muller-Kessler, Christa and Michael Sokoloff, ed. A Corpus of Christian
              >Palestinian Aramaic. Vol. I: The Christian Palestinian Aramaic Old
              >Testament and Apocrypha Version from the Early Period [Styx (Groningen),
              >1997]
              >

              >Muller-Kessler, Christa and Michael Sokoloff, ed. A Corpus of Christian
              >Palestinian Aramaic. Vol. III: The Forty Martyrs of the Sinai Desert,
              >Eulogios, the Stone-Cutter, and Anastasia [Styx (Groningen), 1996]
              >
              >Lim, Timothy H. Holy Scripture in the Qumran Commentaries and Pauline
              >Letters [Oxford 1997]
              >
              >Person, Jr., Raymond F. The Kings/Isaiah and Kings/Jeremiah Recensions [de
              >Gruyter, 1997]

            • Thomas Kraus
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 8 11:15 PM
                > Date: Thu, 5 Mar 1998 11:29:09 -0600
                > To: tc-list@...
                > From: ljgrn@... (Leonard Greenspoon)
                > Subject: tc-list Wanted: Good homes for tc books

                > Below is a list of tc books that desire/require a good home; they have
                > been on my shelves too long, so long in fact that I am beginning to think
                > of them as my own...so, take a chance, adopt-a-book; all that is required
                > is a love of ot/nt tc, and the desire to write a tc review..
                >
                > let me know as soon as possible; at this "price," these books should all
                > be spoken-for very quickly.
                >
                > leonard
                >
                > leonard greenspoon
                >

                > Dirksen, P. B. and A. van der Kooij, ed. The Peshitta as a Translation:
                > Papes Read at the II Peshitta Symposium Held at Leiden 19-21 August 1993
                > [Brill, 1995]
                >
                > Parker, D. C. The Living Text of the Gospels [Cambridge Univ. Press, 1997]
                >
                > Taylor, Benard A., ed. IX Congress of the International Organization for
                > Septuagint and Cognate Studies (Cambridge, 1995) [Scholars, 1997]
                >
                > Petersen, William. L et al.,ed. Sayings of Jesus: Canonical &
                > Non-Canonical -- Essays in Honour of Tjitze Baarda [Brill, 1997]
                >
                > Muller-Kessler, Christa and Michael Sokoloff, ed. A Corpus of Christian
                > Palestinian Aramaic. Vol. I: The Christian Palestinian Aramaic Old
                > Testament and Apocrypha Version from the Early Period [Styx (Groningen),
                > 1997]
                >

                > Muller-Kessler, Christa and Michael Sokoloff, ed. A Corpus of Christian
                > Palestinian Aramaic. Vol. III: The Forty Martyrs of the Sinai Desert,
                > Eulogios, the Stone-Cutter, and Anastasia [Styx (Groningen), 1996]
                >
                > Lim, Timothy H. Holy Scripture in the Qumran Commentaries and Pauline
                > Letters [Oxford 1997]
                >
                > Person, Jr., Raymond F. The Kings/Isaiah and Kings/Jeremiah Recensions [de
                > Gruyter, 1997]

                Dear Leonard,

                if nobody else is interested in Lim´s Holy Scripture in the Qumran
                Commentaries (and/or Parker´s Living Text of the Gospels), I would be
                looking forward to receive and comment about them.
                Please, let me know, if there is any chance of getting it (them). Of
                course, I´ll be willing of paying shipping or the like.
                By the way, thanks for the offer. Good books are always hard to find,
                if you don´t want to wait for ages and if you want to avoid hustle
                with your bookseller.

                Best wishes,

                Thomas
                thomas-juergen.kraus@...
              • Leonard Greenspoon
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 24 6:35 AM
                  Yesterday I sent off to you a copy of vol. III of Muller-Kessler for TC
                  review. Please let me know when you receive it.

                  We don't publish any guidelines for TC reviews. The best thing to do is to
                  look at some of the reviews that have already been published. Please don't
                  worry about making your review too long. We have never asked anyone to
                  shorten a review. Often, it's quite the opposite, which is one of the
                  advantages of electronic publishing.

                  Another advantage is timely publication. Please try to have a copy of your
                  review ready in 6-8 weeks.

                  Thanks so much.

                  All the best

                  Leonard
                • Leonard Greenspoon
                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 14, 1999
                    Johann--let me know if you are interesting in reviewing any of these for
                    TC..thanks, leonard

                    *Wevers, John William. Notes on the Greek Text of Numbers

                    *Flesher, Paul V. M., ed. Targum Studies, Volume 2: Targum and Peshitta

                    *Güting, Eberhard W and David L. Mealand. Asyndeton in Paul: A
                    Text-Criticism and Statistical Enquiry into Pauline Style

                    *Sharpe, John and Kimberly van Kampen, eds. The Bible as Book: The
                    Manuscript Tradition

                    *van der Kooij, Arie, The Oracle of Tyre: The Septuagint of Isaiah 23 as
                    Version and Vision

                    *de Waard, Jan, A Handbook on Isaiah. Textual Criticism and the Translator
                    volume 1.
                  • Johan Lust
                    Message 9 of 10 , Apr 15, 1999
                      Dear,

                      I already have to write something about Wevers' Numbers for ETL, and I have
                      van der Kooij's book.
                      I am interested in
                      - Sharpe, John and Kimberly van Kampen, eds. The Bible as Book: The
                      Manuscript Tradition;
                      - Flesher, Paul V. M., ed. Targum Studies, Volume 2: Targum and Peshitta,
                      - de Waard, Jan, A Handbook on Isaiah. Textual Criticism and the Translator.

                      Johan
                      ------
                      At 11:32 14/04/99 -0500, you wrote:
                      >Johann--let me know if you are interesting in reviewing any of these for
                      >TC..thanks, leonard

                    • Leonard Greenspoon
                      Message 10 of 10 , Apr 15, 1999
                        thanks, Johan -- leonard