tc-list Dates of Merk, Heinsius, and Kilpatrick

  • William L. Petersen
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 5, 1998
      The on-line catalogues should give all of these, at one or another site.

      Daniel Heinsius (Prof. of Poetry at Leiden, also taught Greek; nominated
      to his chair by Scaliger, and delivered one of the funeral orations at
      Scaliger's funeral; born 1580, died 1655). For those interested, see:
      H.J. de Jonge, *Daniel Heinsius and the Textus Receptus of the New
      Testament* (Leiden: Brill, 1971).

      Ian Paisley (if this is the N. Ireland Unionist) still lives.

      Augustin Merk is 1869-1945.

      G.D. Kilpatrick is 1910-1989.

      I'm sure you can find the others on-line, or other list members can help.

      --Petersen, Penn State University,
      Netherlands Institute for Advanced Studies.