Re: tc-list The end of Pasor

  • Ronald Minton
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 4, 1998
      On Tue, 3 Feb 1998, William L. Petersen wrote:
      > Following Scanlin's suggestion, I checked RLIN for Pasor. It gives, in
      > essence, only the titles we have already mentioned: various editions of a
      > Greek-Latin lexicon, a Greek grammar, some editions and notes on Hesiod,
      > and the (anonymous) NT glossed with Pasor's lexical aids....

      Thank you Dr. Petersen and all who worked on the Pasor exersize. I
      understand that Pasor's Greek grammar was the best (in any language) to
      that time. Some have even called it the first advanced or scientific
      Greek grammar.

      --
      Prof. Ron Minton: rminton@... W (417)268-6053 H 833-9581
      Baptist Bible Graduate School 628 E. Kearney St. Springfield, MO 65803
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 5, 1998
        Kilpatrick: 1910-1989

        That's the easiest. I'll include any more later if I can find time
        to chase them up.

        DC PARKER
        DEPT OF THEOLOGY
        UNIVERSITY OF BIRMINGHAM
        TEL. 0121-414 3613
        FAX 0121-414 6866
        E-MAIL PARKERDC@...
      • Ronald L. Minton
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 27, 1998
          Many thanks for the previous help on those pesky dates.
          I am still looking for dates on these men:

          Ian Paisley -birth date needed-
          Rene Pache
          Marchant King
          Harry A Sturz ( -1989)
          Edwin Palmer

          --
          Prof. Ron Minton: rminton@... W (417)268-6053 H 833-9581
          Baptist Bible Graduate School 628 E. Kearney St. Springfield, MO 65803
        • William L. Petersen
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 28, 1998
            For Ron Minton:

            I'd suggest checking in a "Who's Who" at the local library for Paisley's
            birthdate.

            Write to Sturz' school (or publisher), and ask when he was born.

            Ditto for the others.

            --Petersen.

            >Many thanks for the previous help on those pesky dates.
            >I am still looking for dates on these men:
            >
            >Ian Paisley -birth date needed-
            >Rene Pache
            >Marchant King
            >Harry A Sturz ( -1989)
            >Edwin Palmer
            >
            >--
            >Prof. Ron Minton: rminton@... W (417)268-6053 H 833-9581
            >Baptist Bible Graduate School 628 E. Kearney St. Springfield, MO 65803
          • DrJDPrice
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 28, 1998
              Hi Ron:
              << Many thanks for the previous help on those pesky dates.
              I am still looking for dates on these men:

              Ian Paisley -birth date needed-
              Rene Pache
              Marchant King
              Harry A Sturz ( -1989)
              Edwin Palmer

              Marchant King was my theology professor in Seminary.
              He taught at Northwest Baptist Seminary in Tacoma,
              Washington. I don't have their address handy. Surely
              someone there knows his dates.
              Jim Price