tc-list Mehqere Hag - Holiday Studies

  • Jonathan D. Safren
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 11, 1998
      Studies, I would like to supply the following information for potential
      contributors:

      Mehqere Hag is devoted to all aspects of study of the Jewish Holidays.
      Following are some, but not all of those fields in which articles have
      been published:

      1. Holidays and Festivals in the Biblical Period
      2. Holidays and Festivals During Second Temple Times
      3. Holidays and Festivals During the Period of the Mishna and
      Talmud
      4. Holidays and Festivals from the Middle Ages through the
      Renaissance
      5. Holidays and Festivals in Modern Times
      6. Holidays During the Holocaust
      7. Holiday Folklore and Folk Customs
      8. Holidays in Literature, Drama, and Art
      9. Holiday and Festival Liturgy
      10. Jewish Holidays and Festivals in the Church

      Articles are to be submitted to:

      Dr. Yosef Roth-Rotem, Chief Editor
      Mehqere Hag - holiday Studies
      Center for Jewish Holiday Research
      Beit Berl College
      44905 Beit Berl Post Office
      Israel
      e-mail: intmoed@...

      or to:

      Dr. Shlomo Weissblueth, Editor
      at the above address

      or to me, at the address appearing below..

      Articles may be submitted in either Hebrew or English,
      but those written in Hebrew should include an English-language
      summary of not more than 200 words.
      Articles should be typed in Word for Windows (PC) or other
      PC-Word-compatible
      word processor. In addition to two (2) copies of the typescript, please
      include a 144 MB (3.5”) diskette containing the text.

      Articles submitted for publication are given to at least two readers for

      evaluation, and authors receive
      written notification of acceptance or rejection.
      The editors reserve the right to make minor changes ( e. g., spelling,
      grammar). In the case of major changes (content, etc.), the article is
      returned to the author for corrections.
      Authors of articles accepted for publication receive 3 copies of the
      issue in which their article appears.

      Last date for submission of articles to Vol. 10 is 30 April 1998.

      Sincerely,
      Jonathan D. Safren, English Editor
      Mehqere Hag - Holiday Studies
      Center for Jewish Holiday Studies