RE: tc-list Zechariah at Qumran

  • Jim West
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 5, 1998
      >Most published lists of biblical passages found in the Dead Sea Scrolls
      >are based on preliminary investigations. There are, therefore, numerous
      >errors, mostly on the side of omission. One should always consult the
      >critical editions. For the Prophets, consult DJD XV; Qumran Cave 4 - X,
      >ed. E. Ulrich (Oxford: University Press, 1997).
      >
      >Curt Niccum

      I am well aware of DJD. My attempt to answer the question went a little
      further than simply looking in the Prophets volume. Rather, believeing the
      interested party would like to know if the text were anywhere preserved in
      the DSS it seemed reasonable to look to see if the passage in question were
      quoted in any of the manuscripts. As the DJD volumes do not do this, I
      turned to Maier, who kindly lists all quotations of Biblical texts in the
      DSS. Unless you are suggesting that the DJD volumes list every occurance of
      the Biblical texts in the sectarian materials. If they do, I have
      overlooked it.

      Jim

      Jim West

      jwest@...