Re: tc-list Zech 12:10

  • Jean VALENTIN
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 31, 1969
      >"DOES ANYONE KNOW WHICH MANUSCRIPTS GINSBERG WAS QUOTING?"

      He was not quoting manuscripts, but traditional lists of "variants"
      between Ma'arbaye (scholars of the palestinian schools) and Madinhaye
      (sholars of the babylonian schools).
      On this, see I. Yeivin, Introduction to the Tiberian masorah, translated
      and edited by E.J. Revell. Masoretic Studies 5, Scholars Press 1980,
      paragraphs 153 and 154.

      Jean V.

      Jean Valentin - Bruxelles - Belgique
      e-mail: jgvalentin@...
      "Ce qui est trop simple est faux, ce qui est trop complexe est
      inutilisable"
      "What's too simple is wrong, what's too complex is unusable"
      "Wat te eenvoudig is, is verkeerd; wat te ingewikkeld is, is onbruikbaar"
    • Mark Gipe
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 4, 1998
        Zechariah 12:10 and John 19:37

        Here is a question for you

        In Zechariah 12:10 it says "And they will look to me whom they have
        pierced". My question is on the word "to me" ( 'eli in the MT ) . The
        master text by C.D Ginsburg has a foot note on this verse which says some
        eastern manuscripts read ( 'elayv / 'elayw ) "to him". All Hebrew
        versions of John that I have ( and I have 8 of them ) read "to him" ( 'elayv
        ) and the Syriac Peshitta reads "in who".

        Anyway to make a long story short my question is this:

        "DOES ANYONE KNOW WHICH MANUSCRIPTS GINSBERG WAS QUOTING?"

        and

        "DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A DEAD SEA SCROLL
      • Mark Gipe
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 5, 1998
          Thanks very much Jim and Curt and Jean for replying to my post on Zech 12:10

          Jean noted that Ginsburg was refering to variants as we know from the way
          Ginsburg said "ketiv" and "Qeri". My question is does anyone know which
          manscripts have these variants that is "Qeri" written in their margins?

          Thanks you very much once again

          Shalom alechem, kol shel etchem

          Mark Gipe

          P.S. I will check out the book you spoke about Jean Thanks!!!