Re: tc-list 4QXII(f) Micah 5:2

  • Roderic L. Mullen
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 22, 1997
      Two possibilities come immediately to mind:

      First, maybe this LO is a tendentious emendation by a Qumran scribe unhappy
      with the history of the Davidides rather than a word original to Micah.

      Second, If this LO were orignal to Micah this LO could be, as Brevard Childs
      suggests in his commentary on Exodus 3:3 (see p.50), following D.N.
      Freedman, a LO used for emphasis rather than for negation. See also Koehler
      Baumgartner, *Hebrew and Aramaic Lexicon* (English ed., vol. 2, pp.510-511,
      where LE emphatic is sometimes written as LO.

      Just musing.-- Rod Mullen