Deering's Method (Was: Re: tc-list a method of textual criticism)

    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 13, 1997
      TCers --

      Interesting, isn't it, how the lurkers come out when someone offers to
      give something away? :-)

      Seriously, there seems to be significant demand for information on
      Vinton Deering's method. (I know I'm interested, though I'm not sure
      I have the time to react to it meaningfully.) And it's not at all easy
      to find his books.

      Sounds to me like it's time for a web page. But that's just my
      suggestion. What do others think?

      BTW -- if anyone has been trying to contact me in the last week or
      so, my ISP has been having some trouble. I think I lost a few
      e-mail messages somewhere in there (though I can't be sure, since
      I never saw them :-). If by some chance someone tried to contact
      me and didn't get a response, write to me again. Things seem to
      have straightened themselves out by now.

      I hope....