tc-list note from the listowner

  • James R. Adair
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 12, 1997
      In order to avoid unwanted spam to the list, I recently tightened the
      security mechanism to ensure that only list members can post to the list.
      The e-mail addresses of many of you have changed since you subscribed, and
      although you have continued to receive messages (because your Internet
      service provider set up an alias from your old address), you can no longer
      post to the list. From time to time I get a message indicating that a
      non-member is trying to post to the list. If I suspect that someone's
      e-mail address has changed and I can determine what the old one was, I
      simply unsubscribe the old address and re-subscribe the new one. One
      result of doing this is that you will receive another welcome message from
      the list. If you know that your e-mail address has changed since you
      subscribed to the list, please send me a note containing your old address
      and your new one, and I will take care of resubscribing you (you probably
      won't be able to unsubscribe your old address, since that's no longer the
      address you're sending from).

      Jimmy Adair, Listowner, TC-List
      and
      -------------> http://shemesh.scholar.emory.edu <--------------