tc-list J.A. Spranger's Collation of 565

  • Jean-Francois Racine
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 1997
      In a one-page article ["Codex 565 of the Gospels," Theologische Zeitschrift
      25 (1969): 130], the late George D. Kilpatrick alludes to "a recent
      collation of Cod. 565 by J. A. Spranger". Since Kilpatrick does not add a
      bibliographical footnote to this allusion I wonder whether such a collation
      has ever been published. J.K. Elliott mentions Kilpatrick's article in his
      _Bibliography of Greek New Testament Manuscripts_ (Cambridge UP, 1989) 144,
      but does not mention Spranger's collation. I have found no mention of it in
      bibliographical publications such as Biblical Studies [CD-Rom], NTA,
      Elenchus, Bibliographie biblique, Annee philologique (a few years prior to
      1969) nor in the bibliographies of several works of NT Textual Criticism.

      Has anyone on this list ever seen or heard of Spranger's collation of MS 565?

      Jean-Francois Racine
      Lecturer
      Universite du Quebec a Chicoutimi

      Jean-Francois Racine | Tel: (418) 626-4583
      265, 65e rue Ouest | FAX: (418) 626-8271
      Charlesbourg, QC | internet: jracine@...
      G1H 4Y5 |
      CANADA |