tc-list 1. Enoch, date of Greek text

  • Rolf Furuli
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 27, 1997
      Dear list-members,

      My question relates particularly to "Fragments of the Book of Noah"
      (chapters 6-11) or "The Book of Watchers" (Milik`s term) (chapters 1-36).
      What is the age of the Greek Cairo papyrus 10759? (I do not at present have
      access to M.Black, 1970, "Apocalypsis Henochi Graece" where a date may be
      found). Are there other older Greek manuscripts? What are the conjectures
      as to when this part of 1 Enoch was translated into Greek?

      Regards

      Rolf Furuli
      University of Oslo