Re: tc-list In need of some bibliography

  • DC PARKER
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 23, 1997
      > From: Mark and Wendy Proctor <proctor@...>
      > To: "'Textual Criticism Discussion Group'"
      > <tc-list@...>
      > Subject: tc-list In need of some bibliography
      > Date: Wed, 22 Oct 1997 11:32:14 -0500

      > If anyone is aware of some bibliography on the OL codices a, ff2, and r1,
      please pass this information on to me. I'm working on the textual variant
      concerning Jesus' emotional response to the leper
      > at Mark 1:41, and
      am in need of some direction with regards to this material.

      > Sincerely,
      >
      > Mark Proctor

      You don't say what kind of information you want. There are
      palaeographical descriptions in Lowe, Codices Latini Antiquiores & in
      P. McGurk, Latin Gospel Books from 400 to 800. There are 2 editions
      of a: Belsheim, 1894 (not good); Gasquet, 1914; ff2 was edited by
      Buchanan in OLBT, 1907; r1 by Abbott, 1884. On the text-types,
      Fischer on the Latin versions in ANTF 5.

      That's a start, and I hope it helps.

      DC PARKER
      DEPT OF THEOLOGY
      UNIVERSITY OF BIRMINGHAM