tc-list contents of NT papyrus and parchment uncials

  • Vincent Broman
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 15, 1997

      I've substantially updated the databases that James Tauber has been
      distributing at the ENTMP site called pap-cont.txt and unc-cont.txt,
      which describe the contents of NT uncials on papyrus and parchment,
      i.e. listing by book, chapter, and verse how much of each MS is extant.
      Besides correcting some errors, the list now covers everything in NA27
      and Aland-tTotNT, including many MSS which are only listed in NA27
      as "e+", for instance, totaling 96 papyri and 252 parchment uncials.
      Tauber has info on miniscules, too, but I haven't dealt much with those.

      The new file is at http://www.znet.com/~broman/pyuncont.zip and it
      looks like this, the columns representing MS, book, chapter, verses.

      0289 Rm 8 19-21 32-35
      1Cor 2 11-16 Z
      3 1-23 Z
      4 1-12
      13 13 Z
      14 1 3-11 13-19
      0291 Lc 8 45-56 Z
      9 1-2

      If the verse listing ends in "Z", this means the final verse listed is the
      end of the chapter (so you can find lacunas without memorizing chapter lengths).
      If the verse listing is simply "part", then Aland's fold-out chart is my
      only source, and all I know is that part of the chapter is extant.

      Following are the chapters still listed as "part", and
      _I_would_appreciate_updates_ from anyone who has more exact info on these MSS.
      I don't have access to a Kurzgefasste Liste.

      023/O Mt 7 11 13-24
      031/V Mt 5 6 9 10 22 23
      031/V Jo 21
      033/X Mt 6 9 11 12 17-19 21-27
      033/X Mc 6 15 16
      033/X Jo 2 13 15 16
      043/Phi Mt 6-8 18-20
      043/Phi Mc 14
      047 Mt 2 3 28
      047 Mc 5 6 8 9
      047 Jo 12 14 18
      049 1Cor 5
      049 Eph 1 2
      049 Ph 2 3
      049 1Th 4
      0133 Mt 1 5 23 25-27
      0133 Mc 1 2 5 6 10 11
      0150 Rm 13
      0151 1Tm 6
      0233 Mt 2 4-16 18 19 21 22 23 25-27
      0233 Mc 1 8-16
      0233 Lc 1 2 4-6 10-15 18-22
      0233 Jo 1 3-8 10 11 13-16
      0248 Mt 1 5 6 8-10 13 15 16 18 21
      0257 Mt 5 8 12 14-16 21 22 24-26
      0257 Mc 6-8 11 14 16

      Vincent Broman San Diego, California, USA
      Email: broman at sd.znet.com (home) or spawar.navy.mil or nosc.mil (work)
      Phone: +1 619 284 3775 Starship: 32d42m22s N 117d14m13s W
      === PGP protected mail preferred. For public key finger me at np.nosc.mil ===