tc-list Re: MS 1346 and Swanson

  • Richard D. Weis
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 13, 1997
      Dear Prof. Robinson (and TC-List Members);

      Maurice Robinson wrote:

      > I so far have not identified which MS pertains to Swanson's 1346, but am
      > wondering if (assuming Swanson got his microfilms from Claremont) whether
      > the one in the 1346 box might have been the wrong one. Is there anyone in
      > or around Claremont who might be able to check on this possibility?

      If Swanson got his films from Claremont, they probably were part of
      the IGNTP collection on permanent loan to the Ancient Biblical
      Manuscript Center. As the custodians of the collection, the ABMC
      will surely be interested in clarifying whether 1346 has been
      misboxed, and if so, in correcting the situation. I'd suggest that
      you send a message to the center's director, Michael Phelps, at the
      ABMC's new e-mail address: tradents@...

      Regards,
      Richard Weis
      Richard D. Weis rweis@...
      New Brunswick Theological Seminary phone: 1-732-246-5613
      17 Seminary Place FAX: 1-732-249-5412
      New Brunswick, NJ 08901-1196 USA