Du tillet text of Matthew - Revised reply

  • Mark Gipe
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 7, 1997
      Jean Valentin wrote about the Du tillet Hebrew text of Matthew

      >What are your conclusions about that text ? I'm working on it too and my
      >impression is that it's translated from an old latin text.

      Mark Gipe's revised reply is

      NICE to know that you are working on the text!! Maybe you can be of help to
      me and I to you?

      About the Du tillet Hebrew text of Matthew

      Where did it come from? From a Hebrew original, translation from Greek, from
      Latin,
      from Aramaic? Well I have been working on this project for some time now. I
      have the
      whole Hebrew text entered into my computer. I have the English translation
      on the facing
      page. I still have questions.....maybe someone can be of some help?

      What other text of the NT book of Matthew has all 42 names in the genealogy?
      I know
      the Curetonian has ")bywr" = "Aviur" which is a combination of "Avihud and
      Avner"
      which the Du tillet text has in Matt 1:13.

      Why does the text use Aramaic phrases in places that no other manuscript
      does, such as in
      Matt 11:12 where you find "mkryxyn gwzlyn" meaning ( the forceful are
      robbing). Why
      use Aramaic in this verse when most of the text is in Hebrew? No other text
      that I know
      of has Aramaic in this verse.

      What other text has "My God my God why have you forgotten me" in Matt 27:46
      in place
      of "My God my God why have you forsaken me" ?

      If you can answer these 3 questions. Which texts? Which language?
      I have a lot more questions that I would like answers too.

      Sorry I do not have the time to write more now. See you later LEHITRAOT

      Todah Rabah

      BeYeshua

      Mark Gipe
      gipe@...