Re: Substitutes for the Tetragrammaton - Hurtado

  • Mark Gipe
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 7, 1997
      Jean Valentin wrote about the Du tillet Hebrew text of Matthew

      >What are your conclusions about that text ? I'm working on it too and my
      >impression is that it's translated from an old latin text.

      Mark Gipe's reply is

      About the Du tillet Hebrew text of Matthew

      Where did it come from? From a Hebrew original, translation from Greek, from
      Latin,
      from Aramaic? Well I have been working on this project for some time now. I
      have the
      whole Hebrew text entered into my computer. I have the English translation
      on the facing
      face. I still have questions.....maybe someone can be of some help?

      What other text of the NT book of Matthew has all 42 names in the genealogy?
      I know
      the Curetonian has ")bywr" = "Aviur" which is a combination of "Avihud and
      Avner"
      which the Du tillet text has in Matt 1:13.

      Why does the text use Aramaic phrases in places that no other manuscript
      does, such as in
      Matt 11:12 where you find "mkryxyn gwzlyn" meaning ( the forceful are
      robbing). Why
      use Aramaic in this verse when most of the text is in Hebrew? No other text
      that I know
      of has Aramaic in this verse.

      What other text has "My God my God why have you forgotten me" in Matt 27:46
      in place
      of "My God my God why have you forsaken me" ?

      If you can answer these 3 questions. Which texts? Which language?
      I have a lot more questions that I would like answers too.

      Sorry I do not have the time to write more now. See you later LEHITRAOT

      Todah Rabah

      BeYeshua

      Mark Gipe
      gipe@...