re: p64 and 7Q5

  • Jean-Francois Racine
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 5, 1997
      To the bibliographical notices aforementioned, I would add:

      Emile Puech, "Des fragments grecs de la grotte 7 et le Nouveau Testament?
      7Q4 et 7Q5, et le papyrus Magdalen grec 17 = P64," Revue biblique 102
      (1995): 570-584.

      Jean-Fran├žois Racine

      Jean-Francois Racine | Tel: (418) 626-4583
      265, 65e rue Ouest | FAX: (418) 626-8271
      Charlesbourg, QC | internet: jracine@...
      G1H 4Y5 |
      CANADA |
    • WFWarren@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 5, 1997
        In a message dated 8/4/97 2:45:37 PM, Larry Hurtado wrote:

        >--T. C. Skeat now proposes that P64 + P67 + P4 are fragments of the
        >same codex, which he dates to ca. 200 CE, making it (among?) the
        >earliest 4-gospel codex: "The Oldest Manuscript of the Four
        >Gospels?" _NTS_ 43(1997) 1-34.

        I'm sure that many already know this, but as a reminder, Kurt Aland wrote a
        brief article in the late 70's (79 if my memory serves correctly) in which he
        proposed this same identification and date. I'll pass on the bibliographic
        info when I return to the office.

        Paz,

        Bill Warren
        Professor of New Testament and Greek
      • WFWarren@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 6, 1997
          In a message dated 8/5/97 1:39:31 PM, I wrote:

          >I'm sure that many already know this, but as a reminder, Kurt Aland wrote a
          >brief article in the late 70's (79 if my memory serves correctly) in which
          he
          >proposed this same identification and date. I'll pass on the bibliographic
          >info when I return to the office.

          Having looked at the bibliographic info, the date was 1976. The full entry
          is:
          Aland, Kurt. "Neue Neutestamentliche Papyri III." _NTSt_ 22 (Apr 1976):

          375-96.