Re: codex Phillips 1388?

  • David G.K. Taylor
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1 3:37 AM
      I presume that it is in the Staatsbibliothek preussischer
      Kulturbesitz (formerly the Koenigliche Bibliothek),
      Stauffenbergstrasse 41, 1000 Berlin 30.

      Yrs,

      David Taylor

      Dr David G.K.Taylor email: d.g.k.taylor@...
      Department of Theology, tel: 0121-414 5666
      University of Birmingham, fax: 0121-414 6866
      Birmingham B15 2TT,
      U.K.
    • schmiul@uni-muenster.de
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 4 8:28 AM
        Jean,

        Sorry for lately dealing with your request, but I was away for some days.

        Codex Phillipps 1388 should be kept at the Staatsbibliothek in Berlin. There are
        two buildings of the Staatsbibliothek, one "Unter den Linden" and the other at
        the "Potsdamer Platz". Most likely the MS is kept "Unter den Linden", for I
        recently consulted codex Phillipps 1707 (Latin Harmony) at that place. However,
        just use the mailing address covering MS requests from both buildings:

        Staatsbibliothek zu Berlin
        Preussischer Kulturbesitz
        Handschriftenabteilung

        D-10102 Berlin

        They deliver microfilms within roughly four weeks. They charge 1 DM per image (=
        1 fol.) plus shipping costs. If your MS covers the whole NT, it might well
        amount to 150 DM. BTW-- It is possible to ask for the prospected costs in
        advance.

        Hope this helps.

        Ulrich Schmid, Muenster