codex Phillips 1388?

  • Mr A.J.A. LABOUCHERE
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 1997
      Re Jean Valentine's question about Phillipps 1388, I would take it to be in
      the Staatsbibliothek in Berlin, where Phillipps 1707 is. Jean, you will
      probably have access to *Die Handschriften-Verzeichnisse der Königlichen
      Bibliothek zu Berlin,* ed. V. Rose (Berlin, in the 1890s, multiple
      volumes), which should lead you to the location precisely.

      For our Netherlands Institute for Advanced Studies (NIAS) project on the
      Diatessaron this next year, Ulrich Schmid has, if I am not mistaken,
      ordered MSS from Berlin; check with him as to street addresses and costs.

      --Petersen, Penn State Univ.
    • David G.K. Taylor
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 1997
        I presume that it is in the Staatsbibliothek preussischer
        Kulturbesitz (formerly the Koenigliche Bibliothek),
        Stauffenbergstrasse 41, 1000 Berlin 30.

        Yrs,

        David Taylor

        Dr David G.K.Taylor email: d.g.k.taylor@...
        Department of Theology, tel: 0121-414 5666
        University of Birmingham, fax: 0121-414 6866
        Birmingham B15 2TT,
        U.K.
      • schmiul@uni-muenster.de
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 4, 1997
          Jean,

          Sorry for lately dealing with your request, but I was away for some days.

          Codex Phillipps 1388 should be kept at the Staatsbibliothek in Berlin. There are
          two buildings of the Staatsbibliothek, one "Unter den Linden" and the other at
          the "Potsdamer Platz". Most likely the MS is kept "Unter den Linden", for I
          recently consulted codex Phillipps 1707 (Latin Harmony) at that place. However,
          just use the mailing address covering MS requests from both buildings:

          Staatsbibliothek zu Berlin
          Preussischer Kulturbesitz
          Handschriftenabteilung

          D-10102 Berlin

          They deliver microfilms within roughly four weeks. They charge 1 DM per image (=
          1 fol.) plus shipping costs. If your MS covers the whole NT, it might well
          amount to 150 DM. BTW-- It is possible to ask for the prospected costs in
          advance.

          Hope this helps.

          Ulrich Schmid, Muenster