Re: A Call for Help

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 22 8:22 AM
      On Tue, 22 Jul 1997, "DC PARKER" <PARKERDC@...> wrote:

      >Mr Waltz
      >
      >You don't indicate the purpose of this material on the Fathers that
      >you have written, and without that knowledge one cannot offer any
      >opinion on your undertaking.

      It's part of the Encyclopedia site, just like everything else I've
      made reference to. I have good (if incomplete) articles on the
      Greek manuscripts, and a tolerable one on the versions. I thought
      that information on the Fathers was also necessary.

      >In any case, are you sure that it's wise to offer
      >information based, as you yourself say, on limited knowledge and
      >limited resources? You might mislead the ignorant and win the
      >opprobium of the learned.

      I'm sure there are many who would say I'm *already* doing that. :-)

      The introduction to the Encyclopedia says that this is not
      necessarily the final form. But I felt that there had to
      be something there. The information on the site should all
      be accurate; it is taken from reputable sources. The
      problem is not accuracy, but *completeness.*