Re: Need Heb. MS readings

  • Jean VALENTIN
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 31, 1969
      >Zech 12:10 in BHS reads )"LAY )"T but has a textual note that says
      >"var lect" and then suggests a couple of other readings. Could
      >someone tell me what the Hebrew mss read here, i.e. what the variant
      >readings actually are and how they are distributed?
      The edition of Gintzburg gives some details, though not references to
      manuscripts.

      Text is "elay et" "according to the Occidentals" (Ma(arbaye), but the
      "orientals" (MadinHaye) have "elayw". "Other books" (which one?) have
      "elay" as ketiv, "elayw" as qere. The Soncino edition of the prophets
      (1485-1486) has "elayw" as both ketiv and qere as have "other books".

      I noticed also that BHK suggests reading 'aley met ("to a dead one") and
      refers to 13.7-9.

      Jean Valentin - Bruxelles - Belgique
      e-mail: jgvalentin@... /// netmail: 2:291/780.103
      "Ce qui est trop simple est faux, ce qui est trop complexe est
      inutilisable"
      "What's too simple is wrong, what's too complex is unusable"