NA27 sigla in a true-type font

  • jeffcate@juno.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 30, 1997
      Does anyone know of a True-type font (PC, not Mac) that contains the
      signs (e.g, add, omit, substitute, ktl.) from the apparatus criticus of
      NA27?

      Jeff Cate (jeffcate@...)
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 30, 1997
        On Mon, 30 Jun 1997, jeffcate@... wrote:

        >Does anyone know of a True-type font (PC, not Mac) that contains the
        >signs (e.g, add, omit, substitute, ktl.) from the apparatus criticus of
        >NA27?

        I can't guarantee that it's made it to the PC, but Zondervan
        has a font called Koine that includes the Greek alphabet, a
        (rather lousy) set of accents, and the NA27 sigla. If you're not
        overly concerned with letter spacing, or don't care about accents,
        it should suit your needs. And it can easily be converted to
        PC TrueType by anyone with Fontographer (no, I won't do it unless
        someone gets Zondervan's permission...).

      • William L. Petersen
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 30, 1997
          Re the request for a firm offering TT fonts with the NA sigla: Linguist's
          Software, PO Box 580, Edmonds, WA 98020-0580, tel: (206) 775-1130, e-mail
          <75507.1157@...> offers a series of Greek fonts. One of their
          packages, LaserGreek (which is a bundle of 6 fonts) has the NA sigla, as
          well as the Leiden and TLG symbols. For Windows, the package's list price
          is $99.95 (or so the flyer says). I use it, their LaserGreek II, their
          LaserHebrew and their LaserSyriac, and all work and look fine (under Win 95;
          they also run under Win 3.1).

          --Petersen, Penn State Univ.
        • DrJDPrice@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 1, 1997
            On Mon, 30 Jun 1997, jeffcate@... wrote:

            >Does anyone know of a True-type font (PC, not Mac) that contains the
            >signs (e.g, add, omit, substitute, ktl.) from the apparatus criticus of
            >NA27?

            Linguist's Software has a font called LazerGREEK for Windows. It seems to
            have all the signs you are looking for.
            Contact them at
            PO Box 580
            Edmonds, WA 98020-0580
            (206) 775-1130
            FAX (206) 771-5911
            James D. Price, Ph.D.
            Professor of Hebrew and Old Testament
            Temple Baptist Seminary
            Chattanooga, TN 37404
            e-mail drjdprice@...
          • Maurice A. O'Sullivan
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 1, 1997
              At 15:33 30/06/97 -0500,
              Jeff Cate (jeffcate@...) New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary
              wrote:
              >Does anyone know of a True-type font (PC, not Mac) that contains the
              >signs (e.g, add, omit, substitute, ktl.) from the apparatus criticus of
              >NA27?

              These sigla come as part of the SGreek font contained in the Bible Windows
              program, now in v.5, which is also available separately as shareware [ they
              are entered with ALT + 0144 upwards ]

              The program's fonts are described thus on the Silver Mountain Software home
              page: http://www.silvermnt.com/fonts.html

              " basic Greek, Hebrew, Latin and Coptic fonts with a Right to Left Utility
              for MS-Windows for typing Hebrew is available as shareware. These fonts are
              available as both TrueType and Type 1 fonts. Registration is $20. Download
              sfonts11.exe "

              There is also available a FREE font with the sigla in the same range,
              available for download at the same site as SGFIXED.ZIP
              This, as the name indicates, is a non--proportional font made available by
              Silver Mountain for use with Netscape and similar browsers for on-line
              viewing of the Perseus pages.

              Enjoy!

              Maurice A. O'Sullivan [ Bray, Ireland ]
              mauros@...

              [using Eudora Pro 3 and Trumpet Winsock 3.0d ]