Re: Cologne fragment

  • DC PARKER
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 26, 1997
      For edition (Papyrologia Coloniensia, vii, Kolner Papyri 6) and bibliography, see J.K. Elliott, _The Apocryphal NT_,
      p. 38f.

      DC PARKER
      DEPT OF THEOLOGY
      UNIVERSITY OF BIRMINGHAM
      TEL. 0121-414 3613
      FAX 0121-414 6866
      E-MAIL PARKERDC@...
    • Jack Kilmon
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 26, 1997
        Professor L.W. Hurtado wrote:

        > In a letter T.C. Skeat tells me I should know of "a small fragment of
        > the Egerton Gospel [that] turned up in Cologne some years ago", and
        > is thought to be a part of the same MS as the more well known
        > Papyrus Egerton 2 ("The Unknown Gospel"). In light of some
        > palaeographical features of this Cologne fragment, Skeat hints that
        > it might be necessary to re-think the 2nd cent dating of Egerton 2.
        > Skeat doesn't mention exactly *where/who* in Cologne to contact,
        > and I've not yet been able to pick up any refs to publications on
        > this fragment. I can always write back to him, but I wonder if
        > someone out there more quickly can point me to a publication or to
        > where it is in Cologne that this fragment is held.
        > Larry Hurtado
        >
        > Larry:

        I believe this is P.Koln 255 and was published by Michael
        Gronewald 1987
        and later by Jon B. Daniels. I am sorry I don't have my reference handy
        but I
        am sure that Koester mentions it in his ACG.

        Jack

        Jack Kilmon
        jpman@...
      • Maurice Robinson
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 26, 1997
          In the 1994 edition of the Kurzgefasste Liste I notice that MS 0305 (a
          single leaf fragment from Matthew) has no date assigned to it. I presume
          the date was left out accidentally. Can anyone from Muenster or who has
          access to the editio princeps of this fragment inform me as to its
          presumed date?

          Maurice A. Robinson, Ph.D. Professor of Greek and New Testament
          Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary Wake Forest, North Carolina
        • schmiul@uni-muenster.de
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 30, 1997
            On Thu, 26 Jun 1997, Maurice Robinson wrote:

            >In the 1994 edition of the Kurzgefasste Liste I notice that MS 0305 (a
            >single leaf fragment from Matthew) has no date assigned to it. I presume
            >the date was left out accidentally. Can anyone from Muenster or who has
            >access to the editio princeps of this fragment inform me as to its
            >presumed date?

            MS 0305 is dated to the 8th/9th centuries. As far as I know, the fragment has
            not been published yet. It was found on a microfilm covering _coptic_ fragments
            of *christian* MSS from the national library, Paris. In all likelyhood the greek
            fragment was erroneously mingled up with the coptic fragments.

            Ulrich Schmid, Muenster