Re: Jn 3.17 in codex Koridethi

  • Matthew Johnson
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 11, 1997
      On Tue, 10 Jun 1997, Matthew Johnson wrote:

      > On Tue, 10 Jun 1997, DC PARKER wrote:
      >

      > > There is further confusion here. One might assume that you had
      > > intended to write that '048 is fairly typical for an uncial'. But 048
      > > is of course a double palimpsest. Which script you looked at you don't say.
      >
      > Since I no longer have the notes, I will have to scurry back over to
      > the local Jesuit University Library and try to find the volume I looked at
      > to see which minuscule it was.

      So now I have done the promised scurrying: it was minuscule 747, Luke
      2:1-7, looking at the words AUGUSTOU, AUTON and TOU to compare how the
      scribe forms the OU and the ON.

      While I was looking at this, another error path occurred to me: the scribe
      have fallen under the spell of the repetitive ON endings, writing TON
      hUION AUTON instead of TON hUION AUTOU for three ON endings in place of
      two. But this is hardly a new result.

      Matthew Johnson
      Waiting for the blessed hope and the appearance of the glory of our
      great God and Saviour Jesus Christ (Ti 2:13).