Re: Broad question abuot the LXX

  • kdlitwak
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 2, 1997
      Actually, Jim, from what I can tell, almost no one asks the
      specific question I'm asking. KOch and Stanley seemto be abut the only
      people I've encountered who take seriously the possibility tha tPaul may
      have used a version of the LXX which departed from those we know of.
      You might be interested in looking at Stanley, who challenges the "Paul
      freely invented his own version" viewpoint. I can't do Stanley's close
      argumentation justice in a tiny post. You'll have to go read Paul and
      the Langauge of Scritpure foryourself.

      I'm looking for disucssions of differences between flavors of he Old
      Greek translation that reflect more than "translation" practices,
      andyes, I know all translations are tosome extent interpretations. Of
      course, that shouldn't necessarily be constured as a bad thing, if the
      transaltor "interpreted" the source text correctly.

      Ken Litwak