Re: Acts 2:41

  • Jim West
    Message 1 of 4 , May 2, 1997
      Helge,
      At 08:36 PM 5/2/97 -0700, you wrote:

      >Is it really proper to compare the writing-process of the four Gospels with
      later *copying* activity?? There is clearly a great deal of difference
      between these two activities. For instance, we do not usually find among the
      MS copies changes/deviations that can compare with the "deviations" between
      the parallel accounts of the four Gospels (I mean in the places where there
      are no variants between extant copies)! Textual deviations between extant
      >copies are clearly of a different nature, even though we may find a few
      single instances that may seem comparable!

      I think it is proper to compare the two. Both are, after all, the activity
      of scribes- either composing, redacting, or copying. That the scribes
      redacted the evangelists seems beyond question.

      >> >My Norwegian Bible runs something like this: "They who now received his
      >> word with joy,
      >> >were baptized".
      >> >

      >> Your Bible must be based on later mss. (I would be curious to know the
      >> textual base of your translation. Was it Luther? Or TR?
      >
      >The particular translation I am using is based on the TR. It is a new
      translation published
      >in 1995. This is the first complete current Norwegian translation based on
      the TR since the Norwegian Bible Society departed from it in a revised
      edition of 1904. Norwegian translations *before* that time were all based on
      the TR. The above mentioned translation is not from the Norwegian Bible
      Society, though.

      Thanks for the info.

      >- Mr. Helge Evensen

      Jim