Theological tendencies of Athanasius

  • Mark Arvid Johnson
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 26, 1997
      Frederick Nolan cites the following evidence to support his claims:

      1. An edition prepared by Athanasius:

      S. Athan. Apol ad Constant. §. 4. Tom. I. p.297. ed. Benned

      Vit. S. Athan. p. xxxiii. §. 4

      2. Athanasius charged with burning Bibles of Arian faction

      Socrat. Hist. Eccl. Lib. I. cap. xxvii. p.64.1.10

      --------

      <<Please see my previous post for further information on my study of
      Athanasius. I am interested in Nolan's claim about Athanasius destroying
      "Arian Bibles." I am not aware of any charges (or praises) that Athanasius
      was involved in such activities. Do you know if Nolan cited any primary
      evidence to support this claim? I am also unaware of any claims that
      Athanasius was responsible for a "revision" of the biblical text. Finally,
      to what "prologue" is Nolan referring? I would appreciate any info from
      you or others on the list concerning these matters...>>