Latin side of Merk

    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 24, 1997
      Question for whoever knows the answer:

      Has anyone on this list ever had occasion to examine the Latin side
      of Merk's New Testament? I don't mean the text (which is of course
      the Clementine Vulgate), I mean the apparatus. If it's accurate, it
      is clearly the best pocket vulgate edition -- but I've no good way
      to check its accuracy.

      Merk's Greek side is, of course, an abridgement of von Soden, translated
      into Gregory numbers and with a few papyri thrown in. Since von Soden's
      collations are bad to begin with, and his apparatus is difficult, Merk's
      Greek citations can be doubtful. But that shouldn't affect the Latin.

      I have observed that it seems to omit a lot of variants in am and ful
      found in the Nestle apparatus.

      Anyone know any more?