Re: Aramaic Grammar

  • James R. Adair
    Message 1 of 1714 , Mar 6, 1996
      On Wed, 6 Mar 1996, Sigrid Peterson wrote:

      > The authoritative grammar is FRanz Rosenthal, <b>A Grammar of Biblical
      > Aramaic</>, published in Wiesbaden by O. Harassowitz.

      I have Rosenthal and have used it, but it is very brief and doesn't deal
      much with syntax, as I recall. Is there a reference grammar for Aramaic,
      or does somebody know whether someone might be working on one? I have
      the same question for Syriac: is there something beyond Brockelmann,
      Robinson, or Muraoka?

      Jimmy Adair
      and
      Message 1714 of 1714 , Feb 4, 1997