OT in NT

  • Jim West
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 4, 1997
      I am sorry if I repeat something already said on this topic; I was gone and
      unsubscribed.

      There are far more than 19 OT quotations in the NT. There are literally
      hundreds of quotations, allusions, and verbal parallels.

      A good place to start is E. Earle Ellis' "The Old Testament in Early
      christianity.

      He has loads of info and excellent bibliography.

      Jim

      Jim West
      Adjunct Professor of Bible
      Quartz Hill School of Theology

      jwest@...
    • Ronald L. Minton
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 4, 1997
        On Tue, 4 Mar 1997, Jim West wrote:

        > There are far more than 19 OT quotations in the NT. There are literally
        > hundreds of quotations, allusions, and verbal parallels.

        But there are only 19 quotations that also have a textual variant in the
        NT at that place, which is the criterion I noted when I mentioned the 19.

        --
        Prof. Ron Minton: rminton@... W (417)268-6053 H 833-9581
        Baptist Bible Graduate School 628 E. Kearney St. Springfield, MO 65803