Re:I'm New York bound--no longer, alas!

  • Leonard Greenspoon
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 13, 1997
      Harold, I reget to havae to write to let you know that I won't be able to
      be in NYC next Tuesday, as planned. I have had to delay the trip until the
      spring, when probably the weather will be better anyhow, although that's
      got nothing to do with my reason...I think I wrote you earlier that our
      Dean had "asked" me to be chair of our new classics dept., a request I
      could not refuse. He has now informed me that I have less than two weeks
      to prepare a budget, curriculum recomendations, personnel recommendations,
      and a 3- to 5-year plan..A tall oder, to say the least! I simply can't take
      five days (one in DC, two in VA, and two in NYC) out right now, either
      though I'd love to be able to..In any case, I am trying to deal by
      telephone with as much of what I'm missing as possible...When you receive
      this message, perhaps, please give me a time (or several) and a phone
      number where I can reach you as soon as possible..then we can discuss the
      KS10 proposal of yours, which is very important and getting more
      urgent..and other matters as well..
      I have let Don Kraus know of my change in plans and I hope to speak to him
      via telephone early next week; I'll then let you know what he's thinking
      NETS-wise..and I am not thinking in terms of cancelling, but simply
      postponing the dinner you so kindly invited me to; all the best--leonard