RE: OT, Hebrew Bible, or ...?

  • James R. Adair
    Message 1 of 1714 , Nov 29, 1995
      Prof. Deist,

      You're up early reading your e-mail! I appreciate your comments, and I
      would like to post them to the tc-list as a whole, if you will allow me
      to, along with this post. I, too, have been leaning more toward the term
      First Testament, but this is certainly still a minority position. I
      personally don't have a problem with the connotations associated with the
      word "Old," since, after all, I have a degree in Ancient Near Eastern
      Studies (Ou Nabye Oosterse Studie)!
      Message 1714 of 1714 , Feb 4 4:26 PM