Re: Life of papyrus MSS

  • DC PARKER
    Message 1 of 1714 , Jan 9, 1997
      Maurice Robinson ended his thoughts with

      > So, even while there is no "standard" life for papyrus MSS,
      assumptions
      > can at least be made based upon principles 1 through 3 to some
      degree, and
      > I think one would not be too far afield from supposing...

      _Assumptions_ are precisely that, and these seem to me to be figures
      with no basis in scientific observation. Where papyrology lacks
      evidence, we should admit ignorance rather than offer guesses. Any
      offer of hard evidence would be very helpful.

      DC PARKER
      DEPT OF THEOLOGY
      UNIVERSITY OF BIRMINGHAM
      TEL. 0121-414 3613