Re: Byzantine editions (Was: Re: James)

  • Ronald L. Minton
    Message 1 of 1714 , Jan 4, 1997
      > The problem is that for many years Dallas Seminary itself reprinted and
      > used the Oxford 1825 TR, and that is what H/F used. Virtually no one else
      > (including myself) can find a copy of that specific edition anywhere,
      > since Dallas Seminary no longer prints it. Note that the IGNTP uses its
      > own reprinted fascicles of the Oxford 1873 TR, which itself would be
      > difficult to locate apart from IGNTP making its own reprints for internal
      > use. Probably the most common and continuing as available TR edition is
      > the Stephens 1550 text as found in the George Ricker Berry interlinear
      > Greek NT (originally published in 1897, but still in print from various
      > reprint houses).

      Just for clarification, I thought Berry only did the dictionary in the
      back, and that Samuel Bagster did the actual interlinear. If this is
      true, we should not call it the Berry interlinear. Can someone verify this?

      --
      Prof. Ron Minton: rminton@... W (417)268-6053 H 833-9581
      Baptist Bible Graduate School 628 E. Kearney St. Springfield, MO 65803
      Message 1714 of 1714 , Feb 4, 1997