Textual Criticism

  • Carlton Winbery
    Message 1 of 1714 , Feb 9, 1996
      >>Date: Fri, 09 Feb 96 22:35:33

      >>>rachel@... wrote;
      >>
      >>>I would like to ask another thing or two.....
      >>Do you or Conrad or anybody have some on-line material
      >>that I can read about Textual Criticism....
      >>Since I have been noticing more and more stuff about the Majority
      >>Text /KJV/Hodge/Pickering whoever....
      >>What is the curent status regarding this issue???
      >>I have read some but not so much between Fee and Hodges.... The
      >>reason I am interested because of my current
      >>study and posts over in Theology.....
      >>This is why I do not want to bring those issues over here.... ;) Any
      >>help or material will be greatly appreciated
      >>since I am waaaaaaay over here......

      In my opinion, the majority (no pun intended) of Textual Critics (teachers
      and researchers) still practice TC in a more or less eklectic method.
      There are a few majority text people about, but so far they have not been
      very convincing.

      There are several things on TC at Brown.
      A good bibliography.
      http://www.stg.brown.edu/projects/mss/text_crit.html
      Facsimilie pages of some MSS.
      http://www.stg.brown.edu/projects/mss/
      An overview of a course on NT TC.
      http://www.stg.brown.edu/projects/mss/overview.html
      There are also some helpful items at Vanderbilt.
      http://www.library.vanderbilt.edu/divinity/bibs/nt1.html#textcrit
      Grace,

      Carlton L. Winbery
      Prof. Religion