The ENTTC, Scrivener et al.

  • REElliott@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1714 , Nov 3, 1996
      In a message dated 96-10-26 10:03:23 EST, Maurice Robinson writes:

      << Seems that such would be wrong, if this letter were in fact written in
      1889, as Arcieri stated, since Scrivener was clearly deceased before the
      4th edition of his "Plain Introduction" came out in 1894. I think
      Scrivener died in 1892, but memory fails me here. >>

      Would you not just love to pull a single volume off your shelf called "The
      Encyclopedia of New Testament Textual Criticism" and look up the article on
      Scrivener and see exactly when he died? Just a thought ;-}

      Where our memory fails, the ENTTC will surely fill the void! (If I ever get
      it finished!)

      Rich Elliott
      Message 1714 of 1714 , Feb 4, 1997