Technical questions about your web browsers

    Message 1 of 1714 , Nov 2, 1996
      Dear TCers --

      For your possible edification and amusement, I am putting together another
      potential Encyclopedia article. This one, on how various scholars
      have assessed manuscripts, will necessarily include a lot of tables.
      (Or, at least, one very large table.)

      A table can, of course, be implemented in two ways: Using the HTML
      table command, or by lining up everything laboriously in the monospaced
      KEYBOARD style (the latter approach will also be uglier).

      The question therefore becomes, How many of you have table-capable
      browsers (recent versions of Netscape, Internet Explorer, the AOL
      browser, others)? How many of you CANNOT read tables (e.g. you
      use old versions of Mosaic, Lynx, etc.)?

      If you'll let me know (preferably off-list), I will try to make an
      intelligent choice of approach.

      Thanks!

      Bob Waltz
      Message 1714 of 1714 , Feb 4, 1997