Re: More on 2427

    Message 1 of 1714 , Nov 1, 1996
      On Fri, 1 Nov 1996, DC PARKER <PARKERDC@...> wrote, in part:

      >I do not see how a copy could be inauthentic. A copy is simply a
      >copy. Only if it attempted to appear older than it really was could it be
      >somehow dishonest.

      Seems to me that this is exactly the point. 2427 has a very strong
      Alexandrian text, clearly belonging with B.

      Paleographers guess that it comes from the fourteenth century, but
      *with a question mark*.

      So the question becomes, is it authentic, or did somebody decide to
      produce a fake? After all, a minuscule with a B-like text is *very*
      interesting.

      In its defence, I would offer the presence of the Longer Ending of
      Mark. If it were a fake, the faker would probably have omitted that.
      But that's not proof.

      Bob Waltz
      Message 1714 of 1714 , Feb 4, 1997