Re: Textual Criticism Theories

  • Mike Arcieri
    Message 1 of 1714 , Oct 23, 1996
      >Jean Valentin - Brussels - Belgium

      >As I see that some of you argue in favor of the Byzantine text, I would
      >specially appreciate to have their comments. Also all your comments about
      >European NT textual criticism will be appreciated.

      Cher Monsieur Valentin,

      Re. European Textual Criticism. First, let me say that I am glad you are on the
      TC-LIST! Within the last year I have acquired a copy of the following books
      (among others):

      La Palaeographie Greque et Byzantine Colloques Internationaux
      Prolegomenes a la Codicologie Leon Gilissen
      Paleographie du Moyen Age Jacques Stiennon
      Introduction a la Codicologie Jacques Lemaire
      Le Premier Humanisme Byzantin Paul Lemerle
      Introduction a l'Etude des Manuscrits R. Devreese
      La Reliure Medieval Baras/Irigoin/Vezin
      Les Types de Reglure des Manuscrits Grecs Julien Leroy
      Le Livre et Les Arts Qui s'y Rattachent (1894) M. P. Louisy
      L'Epopee du Livre A.-G. Hamman

      I think the Palaeographical data presented in all of these works to be
      extraordinary. I especially enjoy reading Gilissen and Lemaire, whose work is of
      the highest calibre. I have seen the work by C. Bozzolo and E. Ornato "Pour une
      Histoire du Livre Manuscrit" but do not have a copy (yet); I have several
      articles by Jean Irigoin; Tell me, have you ever read "La Terminologie Du
      Livre-Manuscrit a l'Epoque Byzantine" by Basile Atsalos? Isin't there a center
      in Bruxelles for the study of Palaeography? If there is, and they have a WWW
      address, can you please forward this to me? Merci bien!

      Mike Arcieri
      Message 1714 of 1714 , Feb 4, 1997