7670[tc-list] LXX

  • Mitchell Gray
    Dec 27, 1999
      Hello,

      I don't know if this is an appropriate question for the TC list if not,
      please tell me. Someone once told me that they believe that the writers of
      the NT probably used the LXX very little. When I asked him why he said
      that copies of the LXX were expensive and were less accessible than those
      of the Hebrew MSS. He also said that the reason it is difficult to find
      any quote in the NT that resembles that of the LXX is because it is
      possible that the NT writers took their Heb. MSS and made their own
      translation.

      I know very little about the LXX and its relationship to the NT but is this
      a plausible theory? Would it have any support or has it been proven that
      the NT authors used the LXX when writing their letters?

      Any information would be great. Thanks in advance.

      Mitchell

      ---
      You are currently subscribed to tc-list as: listsaver-of-tc-list@...