3650tc-list Zech 12:10

  • Mark Gipe
    Jan 4, 1998
      Zechariah 12:10 and John 19:37

      Here is a question for you

      In Zechariah 12:10 it says "And they will look to me whom they have
      pierced". My question is on the word "to me" ( 'eli in the MT ) . The
      master text by C.D Ginsburg has a foot note on this verse which says some
      eastern manuscripts read ( 'elayv / 'elayw ) "to him". All Hebrew
      versions of John that I have ( and I have 8 of them ) read "to him" ( 'elayv
      ) and the Syriac Peshitta reads "in who".

      Anyway to make a long story short my question is this:

      "DOES ANYONE KNOW WHICH MANUSCRIPTS GINSBERG WAS QUOTING?"

      and

      "DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A DEAD SEA SCROLL
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic