Re: [Taylor Heritage] Re: James Robert Taylor and Josephine King

  • mikki
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 24 7:29 AM
      Do you have a Sylvester Taylor or William Littleberry Taylor' and Emma (Parker) Taylor in you files if so let me know this might be your James Robert mother and father here is what a friend sent me

      Found these on the internet. Sylvester Taylor is William Littleberry Taylor's younger brother and Emma (Parker) Taylor is Sylvester's wife.

      1) Sylvester Taylor Obituary:

      >From the Holdenville Daily News 6-12-1932 pg. 1

      Rites For Aged Resident Today
      Sylvester TAYLOR, 85, Dies of Senility At The Home Of His Son Saturday
      Funeral services for Sylvester TAYLOR, 85, will be held at 4 o'clock this afternoon in the chapel of the Arnold-Heady Funeral Home with Rev. R. I. HERRING of the Later Day Saints Church officiating. Burial will be in the Holdenville Cemetery.
      TAYLOR died of senility at the home of his son, C. W. TAYLOR, in Penn West Addition Saturday morning. He has been a resident of Holdenville for a number of years.
      In addition to his wife and the son at whose home he died he is survived by three other sons, W. S. and H. O. of Wewoka and E. O. of Okmulgee.

      Copyright 2004 by Vickie Neill Taylor

      2) Emma (Parker) Taylor celebrating her 100th birthday:

      Hughes News Bits: TAYLOR, Emma 100 Years Old - 02/25/1955

      Holdenville Daily News, Friday Feb. 25, 1955 pg. 1

      Ike Sends Greetings To City Resident On 100th Birthday

      The "only president we have had since the Civil War" has sent his best wishes to Mrs. Emma TAYLOR. She is 100 years old today.

      She won't back up that quote with elaboration but it is only one of many pronounced views Mrs. TAYLOR has on subjects ranging from politics to religion.

      As far as anyone could determine this week, Mrs. TAYLOR is the oldest living resident in Holdenville at the present.

      Today she is celebrating the occasion with a big Birthday party and an open house from 1 until 5 p.m. There will be more than one cake she has been told but she doesn't know who is going to bake them.

      "Please accept my sincere congratulations upon you birthday. May good health be yours through many more happy years. Dwight D. EISENHOWER"

      Mrs. TAYLOR has the run of the house at 208 N. Kelker, where she lives with her son and daughter-in-law, Mr. and Mrs. C. W. TAYLOR.

      Copyright 2004 by Vickie Neill Taylor

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 10, 2006
        can you give me some dates on your James Robert Taylor and others