Re: [taxonomies] Opportunity to help spread the word about our SIG on Taxonomies & Controlled Vocabularies

  • Heather Hedden
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 30, 2011
      Thank you for announcing this, Mauro. Seth Maislin and I will be at the conference and could probably each take one break time slot, leaving just two others.

      I do apologize that I didn't organize this table with flyers about the ASI Taxonomies & Controlled Vocabularies SIG sooner to give anyone the opportunity for people to plan ahead. It is great that Information Today Inc., is letting us have a little table space at no cost, because of ASI's long-standing partnership with Information Today as its book publisher.

      Those who are not members of the SIG but are potentially interested, are certainly welcome to volunteer for 15 minutes, if you are going to be at the conference anyway.

      If anyone as any questions, contact me, Heather.

      Heather Hedden
      ASI Taxonomies & Controlled Vocabularies SIG founder.

      On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 3:14 PM, mauro <maca567@...> wrote:
       This is being sent to everyone in this Yahoo group FYI after an initial limited mailing as explained in the original message below. Perhaps some of the new recipients of this communication might be able to volunteer at Taxonomy Boot Camp.

      Hello to all recipients:

            I am the new Manager of this SIG and am writing to this subgroup of the SIG membership even before I send my first communication to the whole SIG. This subgroup includes only members in the Washington, DC, area because Taxonomy Boot Camp (http://www.taxonomybootcamp.com/) will be held Oct. 31-Nov 1 at the Washington Marriott Wardman Park. It is an opportunity for the SIG to reach event attendees (who may include possible new members or prospective clients).
            Graciously, Heather Hedden, our previous Manager and a speaker at the event, has arranged for us to have a table with some flyers about the SIG at no cost. Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend, so this is an attempt to get local member(s) to man the table to answer questions during any breaks on either day [Monday, Oct 31: 10:15-10:30, 3:00-3:15 and Tuesday, Nov 1: 10:00-10;30, 3:00-3:15]. We hope to have someone at least on one day, preferably Tuesday since the morning break is longer. Volunteering additional hours would also be appreciated to cover when people come in and out of sessions and go to or leave from lunch, but the first priority is to cover the breaks.
             You do not need to register for the conference, but it would be a good idea to register for the exhibits only, which is free, and thus you get a badge. The exhibits are part of the larger KM World conference, and don't open until Tuesday evening at 5:00.
             Please e-mail (agma345@...) or call (917/882-3967) me ASAP if you are able to help our SIG. Thank you very much.
                                    Mauro Pittaro, Jr.

      <*> Your email settings:
         Individual Email | Traditional