Re: [Taxidermy Club] tails

  • frankjh55
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 31, 2002
      --- In taxidermyclub@yahoogroups.com, ray philbrook
      <hunteratheart70@y...> wrote: my first squrrel didnt come out
      to good an i did buy a foam body but you mentioned paper mache
      it gave me an idea,, i was thinking of using excelsior moss
      i am always open for suggestions i am also just learning taxidermy
      i like this form of art.. its a real challenge to make what your
      working on as live like as possable

      > dude your welcome i was woundering are you ordering the squrrel
      mold or making it out of paper mishaie?
      > frankjh55 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:--- In
      taxidermyclub@yahoogroups.com, ray philbrook
      > <hunteratheart70@y...> wrote:
      > >
      > > one of the ways to get a bushy tail is toclean the fur side of
      the
      > skin is touse a weak solution ofcold ammonia water or warm water an
      > detergent or use dry powder borax for fluffing the tailsim geting
      > this informationout of the home book of taxidermy and tanning.
      > because im just geting started myself a hunting buddy of mine got
      me
      > into it he dose it for extra cash an for the art of it an dose a
      real
      > nice job ive helped him do the moose that we got an a coyote an
      > antlers but he recommended this book to read. an it dose give great
      > details on the how tos an this book is put out by gerald j grantz
      an
      > it talks you through doing big game as well as fish an birds
      > hopefully this will help you out
      > > frankjh55 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote: hey guys i am
      > getting ready to do a squirrel what are
      > > some good points on getting a nice fluffy, full looking
      > > tail it will be on a tree mount running down thanks
      > >
      > > thanks for taking the time for your answer ill be
      > looking for a copy of that book to buy thanks again

      > Service.

      Service.

    • Herman <hodx@hotmail.com>
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 19, 2003
        Make sure you wrap a good fitting tail and fluff out with compressed
        air..clean the tail with a borax solution first...herman

        <hunteratheart70@y...> wrote:

        > dude your welcome i was woundering are you ordering the squrrel
        mold or making it out of paper mishaie?
        > frankjh55 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:--- In
        taxidermyclub@yahoogroups.com, ray philbrook
        > <hunteratheart70@y...> wrote:
        > >
        > > one of the ways to get a bushy tail is toclean the fur side of
        the
        > skin is touse a weak solution ofcold ammonia water or warm water an
        > detergent or use dry powder borax for fluffing the tailsim geting
        > this informationout of the home book of taxidermy and tanning.
        > because im just geting started myself a hunting buddy of mine got
        me
        > into it he dose it for extra cash an for the art of it an dose a
        real
        > nice job ive helped him do the moose that we got an a coyote an
        > antlers but he recommended this book to read. an it dose give great
        > details on the how tos an this book is put out by gerald j grantz
        an
        > it talks you through doing big game as well as fish an birds
        > hopefully this will help you out
        > > frankjh55 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote: hey guys i am
        > getting ready to do a squirrel what are
        > > some good points on getting a nice fluffy, full looking
        > > tail it will be on a tree mount running down thanks
        > >
        > > thanks for taking the time for your answer ill be
        > looking for a copy of that book to buy thanks again

        > Service.

        Service.