Re: [Taxidermy Club] tails

  • ray philbrook
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 29, 2002
      one of the ways to get a bushy tail is toclean the fur side of the skin is touse a weak solution ofcold ammonia water or warm water an detergent or use dry powder borax for fluffing the tailsim geting this informationout of the home book of taxidermy and tanning. because im just geting started myself a hunting buddy of mine got me into it he dose it for extra cash an for the art of it an dose a real nice job ive helped him do the moose that we got an a coyote an antlers but he recommended this book to read. an it dose give great details on the how tos an this book is put out by gerald j grantz an it talks you through doing big game as well as fish an birds hopefully this will help you out
      frankjh55 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote: hey guys i am getting ready to do a squirrel what are
      some good points on getting a nice fluffy, full looking
      tail it will be on a tree mount running down thanks

    • frankjh55
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 29, 2002
        --- In taxidermyclub@yahoogroups.com, ray philbrook
        <hunteratheart70@y...> wrote:

        > one of the ways to get a bushy tail is toclean the fur side of the
        skin is touse a weak solution ofcold ammonia water or warm water an
        detergent or use dry powder borax for fluffing the tailsim geting
        this informationout of the home book of taxidermy and tanning.
        because im just geting started myself a hunting buddy of mine got me
        into it he dose it for extra cash an for the art of it an dose a real
        nice job ive helped him do the moose that we got an a coyote an
        antlers but he recommended this book to read. an it dose give great
        details on the how tos an this book is put out by gerald j grantz an
        it talks you through doing big game as well as fish an birds
        hopefully this will help you out
        > frankjh55 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote: hey guys i am
        getting ready to do a squirrel what are
        > some good points on getting a nice fluffy, full looking
        > tail it will be on a tree mount running down thanks
        >
        > thanks for taking the time for your answer ill be
        looking for a copy of that book to buy thanks again

        Service.

      • ray philbrook
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 30, 2002
          dude your welcome i was woundering are you ordering the squrrel mold or making it out of paper mishaie?
          frankjh55 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:--- In taxidermyclub@yahoogroups.com, ray philbrook

          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 31, 2002
            --- In taxidermyclub@yahoogroups.com, ray philbrook
            <hunteratheart70@y...> wrote: my first squrrel didnt come out
            to good an i did buy a foam body but you mentioned paper mache
            it gave me an idea,, i was thinking of using excelsior moss
            i am always open for suggestions i am also just learning taxidermy
            i like this form of art.. its a real challenge to make what your
            working on as live like as possable

            > dude your welcome i was woundering are you ordering the squrrel
            mold or making it out of paper mishaie?
            > frankjh55 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:--- In
            taxidermyclub@yahoogroups.com, ray philbrook
            > <hunteratheart70@y...> wrote:
            > >
            > > one of the ways to get a bushy tail is toclean the fur side of
            the
            > skin is touse a weak solution ofcold ammonia water or warm water an
            > detergent or use dry powder borax for fluffing the tailsim geting
            > this informationout of the home book of taxidermy and tanning.
            > because im just geting started myself a hunting buddy of mine got
            me
            > into it he dose it for extra cash an for the art of it an dose a
            real
            > nice job ive helped him do the moose that we got an a coyote an
            > antlers but he recommended this book to read. an it dose give great
            > details on the how tos an this book is put out by gerald j grantz
            an
            > it talks you through doing big game as well as fish an birds
            > hopefully this will help you out
            > > frankjh55 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote: hey guys i am
            > getting ready to do a squirrel what are
            > > some good points on getting a nice fluffy, full looking
            > > tail it will be on a tree mount running down thanks
            > >
            > > thanks for taking the time for your answer ill be
            > looking for a copy of that book to buy thanks again

            > Service.

            Service.

          • Herman <hodx@hotmail.com>
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 19, 2003
              Make sure you wrap a good fitting tail and fluff out with compressed
              air..clean the tail with a borax solution first...herman

              <hunteratheart70@y...> wrote:

              > dude your welcome i was woundering are you ordering the squrrel
              mold or making it out of paper mishaie?
              > frankjh55 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:--- In
              taxidermyclub@yahoogroups.com, ray philbrook
              > <hunteratheart70@y...> wrote:
              > >
              > > one of the ways to get a bushy tail is toclean the fur side of
              the
              > skin is touse a weak solution ofcold ammonia water or warm water an
              > detergent or use dry powder borax for fluffing the tailsim geting
              > this informationout of the home book of taxidermy and tanning.
              > because im just geting started myself a hunting buddy of mine got
              me
              > into it he dose it for extra cash an for the art of it an dose a
              real
              > nice job ive helped him do the moose that we got an a coyote an
              > antlers but he recommended this book to read. an it dose give great
              > details on the how tos an this book is put out by gerald j grantz
              an
              > it talks you through doing big game as well as fish an birds
              > hopefully this will help you out
              > > frankjh55 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote: hey guys i am
              > getting ready to do a squirrel what are
              > > some good points on getting a nice fluffy, full looking
              > > tail it will be on a tree mount running down thanks
              > >
              > > thanks for taking the time for your answer ill be
              > looking for a copy of that book to buy thanks again

              > Service.

              Service.