Salting small birds

  • Shloomis
    Message 1 of 79 , Feb 3, 2002
      I've read you can dehydrate and preserve small
      birds (starling size and smaller) by inserting the
      glass eyes, positioning them the way you want them and
      packing them in salt for a long time. Anybody had any
      experience with this or know where I can find out about this
      technique? Thanks<br>Stephen
    • jl270wby
      Message 79 of 79 , May 21, 2002
        I found this a while ago but I just saw your post. This is from
        another board.

        To remove skunk smell
        1 quart 3% Hydrogen Peroxide
        1/4 cup baking soda