Re: boar hide processing???????????

  • jl270wby
    Message 1 of 79 , Oct 24, 2000
      Thanks, I sure didn't realize what I got myself
      into. I've just sent for the catalog, so that's a
      start. <br>The whole process of learning about hunting
      and getting to the point where I could go out and try
      it and even be successful has been great. I want to
      do more. <br>I've been doing the fleshing on a 2x12
      across a sawhorse with my old kitchen knives. There are
      places I've carved a half inch of that cartilage off and
      I'm still not down to the skin. After this, I have a
      whole lot more respect for wild pigs. <br>I'll get
      there and thanks again for your help.<br><br>Jean
    • jl270wby
      Message 79 of 79 , May 21, 2002
        I found this a while ago but I just saw your post. This is from
        another board.

        To remove skunk smell
        1 quart 3% Hydrogen Peroxide
        1/4 cup baking soda