Re: boar hide processing???????????

  • arrowhead15562
    Message 1 of 79 , Oct 24, 2000
      At this point what you really need is a Fleshing
      Machine. What I recommend for you is a knife from
      VanDyke's called a 2in1 fleshing knife on page244 of thier
      new catalog.(item#BG01326830)phone#1-800-843-3320
      This knife is still going to be alot of work,but may
      be better than $1000 for a fleshing machine(unless
      you are going to do alot of hides)You may also want
      to get a breaking tool as this will help you to
      soften the hide as it dries.It is also in the
      catalog.Hope this helped!
    • jl270wby
      Message 79 of 79 , May 21 12:12 PM
        I found this a while ago but I just saw your post. This is from
        another board.

        To remove skunk smell
        1 quart 3% Hydrogen Peroxide
        1/4 cup baking soda