1930's tiger

  • video722
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 9 8:57 AM
      Hi - I've just joined to find out what to do with a tiger skin I
      inherited. My dad worked for the U.S. State Dept., and was
      posted to the far east in the early 1930's. He was summoned to
      Borneo to help find a tiger that was killing villagers. He wrote a
      story and has a picture of it.
      Dad passed away some years back, and now I have the tiger
      skin rug w/ head - in pretty decent shape, considering it's over 60
      years ago.
      I understand the tiger is endangered, and there's a ban on the
      sale of items from endangered species, however - i heard that
      there's exemption for animals taken before the 40's or 50's.
      I would like to sell it, but don't know where to begin - i don't think
      ebay works for this - anybody know how to get started?
      best regards, bob
    • diet_girl2005
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 17 2:24 PM
        --- In taxidermyclub@yahoogroups.com, "video722" <bob@...> wrote:

        > Hi - I've just joined to find out what to do with a tiger skin I
        > inherited. My dad worked for the U.S. State Dept., and was
        > posted to the far east in the early 1930's. He was summoned to
        > Borneo to help find a tiger that was killing villagers. He wrote a
        > story and has a picture of it.
        > Dad passed away some years back, and now I have the tiger
        > skin rug w/ head - in pretty decent shape, considering it's over 60
        > years ago.
        > I understand the tiger is endangered, and there's a ban on the
        > sale of items from endangered species, however - i heard that
        > there's exemption for animals taken before the 40's or 50's.
        > I would like to sell it, but don't know where to begin - i don't
        think
        > ebay works for this - anybody know how to get started?
        > best regards, bob
        >Hello, Ebay lets people put animal and fish mounts on their auction.
        Look under sports than taxidermy. Hope this will help you.