Bird Taxidermy?

  • hamid
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 10, 2006
      hi my name is hamid and I'm new to this group. I don't know anything
      about Taxidermy. I lost my pet canary recently (yellow frill canary,
      about 5 in. in length, the pic is in a folder named hamid). can anyone
      guide me in the steps I need to take to preserve my birds.
      thank you for your time
      hamid
    • taxidude16510
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 10, 2006
        --- In taxidermyclub@yahoogroups.com, "hamid" <goosfand@...> wrote:

        > hi my name is hamid and I'm new to this group. I don't know anything
        > about Taxidermy. I lost my pet canary recently (yellow frill canary,
        > about 5 in. in length, the pic is in a folder named hamid). can
        anyone
        > guide me in the steps I need to take to preserve my birds.
        > thank you for your time
        > hamid

        Hey, just thought I'd put in my two cents. You should probably
        let a pro do that work, as skinning and mounting a bird, especially
        that small, is a challenge. Also remember that there aren't and body
        forms out there, so a wrapped body is needed...hard to do without any
        experience. That's all...hope it guides you...